This week we will be learning about the ethics of Christianity. Ethics is a word that describes how a person or group of people practice their beliefs of what is right and wrong. In order to answer the following questions in a one-page essay, focus on readings from Bible as well as other sources. Our goal will be to be able to talk meaningfully about how Christians live out everyday life and approach difficult moral situations.
1. What do Christians do to honor God and demonstrate what they believe?
2. What does the Bible say about the way one should live their life?
3. Are there any things that Christians do to demonstrate their ethics that adherents of other religions do not do?
Worship in Christianity
This week we will also learn about how and where Christians worship. Hopefully, you will take some time to talk with your classmates or others you may know about how they worship, in addition to reading educational sources. This week, our aim is to describe the attitude, space, and practice of worship in Christianity. Our goal will be to have a working knowledge of how the people in Christianity worship God.
4. When did Christians start going to church? What were there original meetings like and how have they changed?
5. Where and when (during the week or month) do Christians meet? What do they do?
6. Are there any calendared events, such as feasts, holidays, fasts, etc., that Christians observe?
- Write your essay addressing both ethics and worship.according to the word guidelines from last week.
- ONLY use the resources provided (see last week's post).
- Have a rough draft ready by Friday.
- The completed assignment is due Sunday night at 8 pm.