Period 1: Olympic Science (see January 11)
Key Ideas: endurance, aerobic exercise, ATP, VO2 Max (measure of aerobic capacity), myosin, actin, muscle memory, drag, aerodynamic, polymers, monomers, kinetic energy, elastic collision, and inelastic collision.
Period 2: Begin PH8 Chapter 5: Sound Waves - pg 160
- Waves are generated when a source of energy forces the matter in a medium to vibrate.The three main types of waves are transverse waves, longitudinal waves, and surface waves.
- wave, medium, mechanical wave, vibration, transverse wave, crest, trough, longitudinal wave, compression, rarefaction, surface wave
- Finish Egg/helmet and reflection
- Revisit Chapter 1 in new textbook.
- Read p.30 and answer questions #1-10 on page 31.
- Begin Matter- Properties and Changes p. E46
- Write definitions of Key Vocab in your composition notebook: matter, physical property, texture, ductility, malleability, density, buoyancy
- Read p. E46-E49 and answer the question: True or False - Most metals are malleable. (True)
- Watch Ski Jump Video clip and Arial Jump Video Clips then answer the packet questions.
Air Lift (Ski Jump)