- Solve application problems related to acceleration and force using appropriate units of measurement (F=ma).
- Build a device that will launch an object according to stated criteria and constraints.
- Distinguish among the concepts inherent in Newton’s three laws of motion.
- Choose a correct representation of the Law of Conservation of Momentum.
Today we introduced Force and Newton's Laws. We discussed to forces that act on us daily. TO reinforce the connections between last chapter (motion and momentum) and this one, we watch a short Discovery Education video showing experiments that prove the universal principles of force and motion. An information guide on this video has been attached below if you have questions.
- Students are to read 2 pages, 310-311, in their textbook.
- Students are to explain to one or more parent at least one of the principles discussed today in class.