The test for Chapter 2 will be this Friday, October 4th, 2013. The study guide is attached below.
Up to this point, your student should know the following:
Unit 1: Students will develop and apply scientific skills and tools necessary to design, implement, and communicate experiments, observations, and results in an appropriate way.
- Recognize the difference between observation and inference.
- Define a problem or testable question.
- Identify the variables and control.
- Identify the purpose of SI.
- Identify the SI units of length, volume, mass, temperature, time, and rate.
- Use appropriate tools to measure and organize data, analyze data to form a reasonable conclusion.
- Identify and use pictures, tables, and graphs to analyze and interpret information.
- Identify and use three types of graphs.
- Ability to present the results of an investigation.
- Compare and contrast theories and laws
- Describe different types of models
- Recognize the difference between observation and inference