Complete the following paragraphs (from page 166):
- A. There are two ways our body hears sound. One is with ___________ and works by ________________. The second is through ___________ and works by _______________. The difference between the two is _______________________ (use the words medium and density in your response).
- B. Sound speed is affected by elasticity and temperature. Elasticity affects sound by _______________. Temperature effects sound by ___________.
- C. Sound cannot travel through space because__________________.
Read PH8 Section 1: p 136-139
- Mechanical waves: longitudinal and transverse
- Longitudinal: rarefaction and compression
- Transverse: crest and trough
- Paste PH8 Ch 4 Sec 2 Key Ideas and Vocab list in CNB
- Define all key vocab for Section 2 in CNB
- Test prep and Olympic Friction and Energy Packet p.37-47
Define in your notebook the following :
- Chemical Change
- Chemical Properties
- Combustion Reaction
- Decomposition Reaction
- Replacement Reaction
- Read pg E53-E57