Junior Volcanologist Test
Answer 15 of the following questions and email it to me by Monday at 8:30 am. Use the attached documents and videos below to answer some of the questions....
- U.S.G.S. stands for the United States ____ _____.
- What is the difference between tectonic quakes and magmatic quakes?
- Dr. Dalton is not a geologist, he is a ____________________.
- Dr. Dalton is checks the water at the high lake for ____________________.
- What can cause for the death of trees and wildlife near volcanoes?
- Dalton describes the volcano as not dead, but ________________ (“sleeping”).
- What tools do the seismologist use to monitor the volcano?
- The scientists enter the volcano crater by helicopter to check for_______ readings and emissions.
- How did the volcano change the town's water supply?
- How do scientists know an eruption is imminent?
- What effects occur because of the volcano's eruption?
- Why shouldn't a helicopter be used during the eruption?
- How does the lake change after the eruption?
- The eruption melts the snow off the top of the mountain (volcano), which effects the surrounding rivers. What problems are caused by the changes in the river?
- How does the force of the pyroclastic cloud effect trees and structures?
- How does hot ash affect our bodies?
- What are the dangers and other implications of alerting a community before a possible disaster?
- What forms of pollution do volcanoes release? How does it compare to man-made sources of pollution?
- Why was a robot used to observe the volcano's crater?
- What other missions could be best suited for robotic exploration?
- Why might NASA be interested in sponsoring a robot like "spider legs" here on Earth?
| || |